Sunday, September 9, 2012

10 Commandments of the 6 Pack

I've recently talked a lot about what not to do. How about what TO DO?!

I've got so much information in my head it hurts to decide what to pull out this massive archive.

So I'm going to be nice and as concise as possible and give you THE BEST OF STEVEN FARMER.

Which means, I'm going to tell you exactly what to do to get the quickest and most consistent results and you won't do it. I know most of you won't because I have clients who pay me big money to show them what to do, to get onto them when they don't do it, and kick their ass daily and they still don't do it.

So are you going to the one person out of 100 that's going to do what I say? I doubt it but let's hope for the best.

HERE ARE THE 10 COMMANDMENTS


1) Thou Shalt Not Diet

Dieting is something temporary. Do you want abs for the weekend?

When it comes to looking good I prefer to do that 24/7. Call me a workaholic.

Diets are almost always too low in carbs and too few in calories. Who do you want to listen to?
A) a magazine has something new every month,
or
B) the real advice backup by science that always works.


2) Thou Shalt Get a LiveStrong account

Why? Because I said so! Are you questioning my authority?

You'll see as the list goes on why you need it, but as for right now JUST DO IT!



3) Thou Shalt Get your Caloric Requirements

Get your weight, body fat percentage(either have a trainer measure it, or get it from obtaining an electronic caliper), and enter the necessary information at http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

There will be a box that says Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss

a) Multiply that number by 50%(.5 for those not in the know), then divide the solution by 4.
That will be your daily carbohydrate goal.
b) Now do this all over again by multiplying .3 this time. Then divide this solution also by 4.
That will be your daily protein goal.
c) Finally, do this one last time by multiplying it by .2, then divide by 9. This is your daily fat goal.

EX. If I needed to eat 2630 calories I would
a) Multiply by .5 giving me 1315, then divide by 4 giving me 329 for carbs.
b) Multiply by .3 giving me 789, then divide by 4 giving me 197 for protein
c) Multiply by .2 giving me 526, then divide by 9 giving me 58 for fat

Follow these goals as closely as possible.


4) Thou Shalt Eat every 3 Hours

Or else you'll go into starvation mode which will interfere with your blood sugar levels.

Your body is a fat burning furnace, LITERALLY. Protein is highly thermic and burns lot's of your calories off your body just keeping up it's intake.

By consistently feeding yourself every 3 hours your body will reward you by looking it's best.

Think of it like one of those old train engineers shoveling coal in the train to get it to keep running. That's you and good food.


5) Thou Shalt Log your Calories

I eat a similar meal everyday and already have a great body, BUT I STILL LOG MY CALORIES DAILY.

So don't even try to say you don't need to.

I don't care how much you think you know. I don't care if you're following a similar plan to yesterday. Things can get off track quick so LOG YOUR CALORIES.

It's just like taking one wrong turn in the woods without a compass, a few steps on the wrong path can lead you into the wrong territory.



6) Thou Shalt Taper Your Calories

Get most of your carbs out of the way during breakfast, since you'll be burning them off throughout the rest of the day and you've been starving all night during sleep.

Get another big portion out of the way post-workout. Your body needs refueled so give it what it wants.

The rest of the time, eat smaller as the day goes by.

There's an old saying 'Eat like a King for Breakfast, Prince at Lunch, Pauper at Supper'.

Live by that.

7) Thou Shalt Eat Real Food

Real food actually has nutrients and isn't full of harmful and fattening ingredients.

Wheat bread over white bread, Natural Peanut Butter over Peanut Butter, etc.

Your body can tell the difference, so why can't you?

8) Thou Shalt Not Eat Close to Bed

Your body will be at it's most inactive state, this is the worst time to be full of carbs that need burned off. Try to keep a distance of around 2 hours after your last meal.

If starving have a protein shake or just lean protein in general. Stay away from carbs.

9) Thou Shalt Plan Ahead

No Excuses. I cook my food in bulk during the weekend and keep it in tupperware so it's always ready.

I don't care if you're travelling.  Bring your food in a cooler or ziploc, and know what's healthiest at the drive-thru in case you have to eat there.

10) Thou Shalt Lift Weights

Cardio is great for accelerating your calorie deficit, but lifting is where the big results are.

You burn more calories from doing nothing that when you work out.

Your body's daily routines such as making new cells, cleansing itself, etc. burns a lot of calories. By adding muscle you've increased that amount a lot. So now you burn more and more with each additional pound of muscle.

And if you're going to be training I couldn't think of a better way to do this than going to www.atxfitbootcamp.com and training with me.

Shameless plug but I know my stuff.

There you go. Follow these rules or forever live with a mediocre to even embarrassing body.


No comments:

Post a Comment