Sunday, April 17, 2011

Can't Reach a Goal without a Goal

For so many people when I ask them what their goal is they don't know what to say. "Umm... lose weight?" When your goal ends in a question mark your probably on the wrong path.

What I do is tell everyone to make a list. Be specific, make them immediate, and read them to yourself every morning and night.

Here are some examples.

Women:
1)I am excited that I am 13% body fat!
2)I am losing body fat and reaching my goal weight of 110 lbs and my goal body fat of 14%
by August 1st.
3)I am fitting into my Gap stretch jeans, size 4, by early October and my male coworkers are tongue tied.
4)I fit perfectly into the slinky black suit I bought this summer and I am wearing it to work.
5)My spaghetti strap flowered summer dress from the summer of 1999 fits me perfectly and
6)I am wearing it during my winter vacation in the Caribbean.
7)I am learning enough about my body, diet and exercise that I am easily staying within 2-3
pounds of my optimal weight for the rest of my life.
8)I eat 6 meals a day with proper ratios of lean protein, carbs, fats always on time at 3 hour
intervals.
9)I strive to constantly improve my body and optimize my genetic potential.
10)I help those close to me choose healthier habits by leading by example (not nagging) and
being a reliable source of health and nutrition information.
The 2011 Most Beautiful Woman in the World doesn't drift through life, she makes goals.

Men:
1)I am reaching the most aggressive weight and body fat goal possible by the program’s end
(217 lbs & 19.3% respectively) by January 1st
By January 1st, I fit comfortably into size 32” pants without having to inhale
2)I am surprising (and shocking) my friends and family who I have not seen in a while by
the way I look at Christmas time.
3)I am keeping up these lifestyle changes when the 12-week program is over.
4)I always carry my goal card with me at all times and read it as often as possible (at least
three times a day).
5)I am reaching my goal of 15% body fat and 199 pounds by December 31st. I know this is
a little fast but it is my dream for New Years Eve – I can do it!
6)I am buying all new clothes to show off my new, lean body: Killer suits, nice shoes, nice
casual stuff.
7)I look good with my shirt off
8)I am taking on being a body builder and learning about body building (for tone and
definition, not to look like John Cena).
9)I am continuing the coaching program for another 3 mo and losing another 24 lbs.
10)I eat six, moderately sized meals every day, each with a serving of lean protein and a
complex, all natural carbohydrate and I prepare my food in advance every morning.
Unless you're the Son of Odin, you'll have to put in a lot of work to get this body.


Stop reading RIGHT NOW, make your goal list and write out your 90-day
goal on a small card to carry around with you. Don't worry if it's not "perfect," just start
writing. You can always go back to it later and edit. Do it now!




RECIPE

Tuna Salad Sandwich: Tuna salad is usually made from regular mayonnaise (which is made with low-quality vegetable oils) and higher-mercury tuna. Making it yourself allows you to use a mayonnaise made from healthier oils and wild-caught tuna that is lower in mercury. This meal can also be made into a wrap for less calories.


Ingredients:
• 1 can wild-caught tuna
• 1 tbsp expeller pressed canola oil mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup chopped onions
• 1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
• 1/4 mashed avocado (or 2 tbsp guacamole)
• 1 handful baby spinach
• 2 slices sprouted-grain or whole-grain bread, toasted
• sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Toast bread. In a large bowl mix tuna, expeller pressed canola oil mayonnaise, onions, cucumbers, and avocado (or guacamole). Set aside. Lay spinach on top of toasted bread. Spoon tuna salad onto bed of spinach. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.


Enjoy with sliced peppers or other produce of choice. Makes 1 serving for men, and 2 for women.


MEAL PLAN

(Men can double the amount)

Meal 1:

1/2 cup of Oat Bran

3 Egg Whites

Meal 2:

4 oz. Seared Ahi Tuna

15 Almonds

1 cup of Veggies

Meal 3:

5 oz. Chicken

4 oz. Sweet Potato

1 cup of Veggies

Meal 4:

5 oz. Ahi Tuna

1/2 Cup Brown Rice

1 Cup Veggies

Meal 5:

5 oz. Cod

Large Salad with Balsamic Vinegar

1 oz. Avacado

Meal 6:

4 Egg Whites or Protein Shake


Final Thoughts:

Like the old saying goes, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

This Blogs Tip:

Survive in a social setting by carring an open bottle of beer and sipping. Nobody will know whether it's your first or your sixth!

Next Blog:

What not to eat and maybe another story.



P.S.

Congratulations Randy for losing another 20lbs!

Download 042101_17...jpg (125.7 KB)

You've earned it.

P.P.S.

Shout out to Tamra for going down 2 dress sizes.

Download 031401_08...jpg (108.6 KB)

You don't do this and not get results!

No comments:

Post a Comment