Monday, September 12, 2016

8 Crazy Myths

1) Lean Muscle


What is Lean Muscle? Is there Fat Muscle? Does that mean there's lean fat and muscular fat?

In all my years I've been unaware off all these different types of muscle that must exist due to people not shutting up about them.

There's only type of muscle, and it's muscle.

Image result for e. honda

2) Fat Turning into Muscle


How does this happen? Please explain to me how this works.

There's plenty of scientists that would love to hear your theories on how these tissues are able to transform into entirely different tissues.

Image result for that's unpossible

3) Toning, Shaping, Firming the Muscle


You want to tone it, shape it, sculpt it, then firm it. Okay, any other made up verbs you want to use while we're at it. Let's mold it, then chisel it, then... carve it?

Those are all made up words used to sell fitness to women that are scared they're going to get all big and muscular.

Here'a  list of the only things you can actually do.

  • You can grow the muscle bigger.
  • You can make the muscle stronger.
  • You can increase the endurance of the muscle.
  • Or you can let the muscle weaken and shrink.

Those are the only actual options.

Image result for dog confused

4) Spot Reduction


"How do I lose my love handles?"

"How do lose the fat in my arms?"

"How do I lose the fat in my hips?"

You can't just pick one spot and let the rest of you be fat. That's like guys that want a six pack at 350. So they're going to have shredded abs with man breasts?

Body fat lowers and the entire body slowly loses fat together. Some parts of your body have more fat than others, but once you get your body fat low enough it's all gone.

Image result for fat with six pack

5) Good Fat is Okay


It's good that you're eating healthy fat, but it's still fat. So you can't just as much as you want.

Just because you got drunk off organic wine doesn't make you okay to drive.

Image result for driving drunk

6) Supplements


You don't need these. Companies are praying off your laziness, ignorance, and insecurities.

Creatine is the only supplement that works and only take if after you've pushed your body to it's limit.

You can take a protein supplement if you're really having trouble getting your protein, but you should really just work on your diet.

Fish Oil is also good. But beside that most supplements are bullshit.

Image result for stupid supplements

7) Getting too Muscular


That's never been your problem and you know it.

"I don't want to look too good because too many people will hit on me and I might cheat on my spouse."

"I don't want too much money because I don't trust myself and I could end up being controlled by my possessions."

Sound dumb, well that's what you sound like when you say this.

It's even worse, because you don't train hard enough, or have the genetics or drugs to get too big anyway. So just stop.

You're letting your brain make up excuses to stop new habits forming, something your brain loves to do. Don't live in fear, overcome it.

8) I've Tried Every Diet


That's the problem. There's only one diet. Calories In VS Calories Out.

What you mean is you've done every fad diet. That's why you are where you are.

Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, If It Fits Your Macros, etc. they're all just different styles. Choose the one that fits you best.

What matters most if burning more than you consume if trying to lose. Getting enough nutrients and protein.

Image result for fad diet meme


FINAL THOUGHT

Image result for final thoughts springer

Hopefully I've debunked enough excuses and bad information so you don't waste time, money, and energy on the the unnecessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment