Sunday, February 21, 2016

5 Worst Excuses

1) I Don't Know What to Eat

We are currently living in the year 2016 and you still don't know what to eat?!

Yes, I realize there's a lot of bad info out there but that's still not an excuse.

You're following my blog and have my contact info, so there's no way you don't know what to eat by now.

Just to be nice here's a quick list from Tom Venuto of the 12 healthiest foods to eat.

Oatmeal (or other whole grain cooked cereals such as barley, wheat, rye, etc)

Yams (or sweet potatoes)

Potatoes (white or red)

Brown Rice

Whole wheat bread and 100% whole grain products

Vegetables

Fresh Fruit

Low fat & non fat dairy products (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc)

Chicken or turkey breast

Egg whites 

Lean red meat (top round, extra lean sirloin)

Fish and shellfish


2) This is Healthy Right?

No, no it's not. Not even close.

I see it all the time.

"I got this from Whole Foods so that's okay right?"

"These Wendy's Fries have sea salt on them so that's okay right?"

"These cheeseburger buns have sesame seeds so that's okay right?"

"This pizza was cooked in a brick oven so I can eat that right?"

I don't care how natural it is, how organic it is, or  if it's 300% whole wheat, if it doesn't fit your macros!

You know what's healthy, quit lying to yourself and rationalizing poor decisions.



3) There Was an Event

A birthday, a dinner invite, a guest, a wedding, a party, a holiday, a vacation, I DON'T CARE.

Unless you're a complete shut in, events will be happening around you all the time. If you give into every single one of them you'll never get anywhere.

I ate cake on my birthday, I ate pie on Christmas and Thanksgiving, I ate popcorn at the Alamo Drafthouse. Despite rumors I am an actual human being for the most part.



The thing is, I eat right all the rest of the time, so when an event comes around it doesn't mess me up. We are what we do consistently.

4) I Don't Have Time


You know how much time it takes to log calories. The way people complain about it you'd think you'd need a background in Excel spreadsheets and an accountant.

We're not doing taxes here!



It takes about 3-5 minutes on an app that does all the work for you.

If you don't have that time, I understand. Those Facebook updates aren't going to check themselves.

Oh, you don't have time to eat right either? You can't cook a  bunch of food in bulk and put it in Tupperware 1-2 times a week?

You can't eat healthier fast food?

Grilled chicken sandwich plain?

Chipotle bowl instead of a burrito?

Protein bar instead of a Snickers bar?

5) I've Tried Tracking and it Doesn't Work


Well, call up Charles Xavier and see if he's still accepting applicants to the X-Men Mutant Academy because you have powers that defy all research and logic.



This is pure science, if you're on a caloric deficit then you will lose weight.

I don't care if you have thyroid issues because that would only account for at most around 300 calories.

If you're tracking and not getting results, either 1 of 2 things is happening.

1) You're on a bad program and need to lower the calories, up protein, exercise more, etc.
2) You're not tracking correctly and eating way more than you think.

Final Thought


We live in an information age (Yes, I know the photo above is pure irony)

Which is sad for most people, because when you have all the available tools we run out of excuses, and get filled with guilt. Because, now you know without a doubt it's your FAULT.

Lack of information isn't peoples downfall, it's lack of adherence.

Will you be one of the few percent that actually can maintain, visualize your goals, and stay the course.

Or will you be like the rest and make excuses for your failure?

No comments:

Post a Comment