Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How to Maintain

The Request of the Week is Maintaining.



Getting a great body takes dedication and time. After switching over to this new lifestyle, you find the hardest thing now is not showing up to the gym, but taking time off from the gym.

But what do you do when work forces you to miss training with me, or you go on vacation?

Since I just got back from vacation let me go over some of the things I did to maintain my body.

EATING ON THE ROAD

This is the Jr. version

Not a lot of chocies out there so I planned ahead.

Turkey Jerkey
EAS protein Bars
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken 9 Grain Wheat No Cheese Green Peppers Red Onions Olives and a little Pepper
Apple
Water

GRANDMA COOKING

Easy Grandma we're just having lunch.

My Grandma likes to overcook and overprepare everything, so just I told her what I eat and that's what she got from the grocery store.

Sweet Potatoes
Egg Whites
Buckwheat Pancakes
Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Brown Rice
Chicken
Fruit
Vegetables
Bag of Yellow Popcorn
and I brought my protein Powder

Which all together was more than enough to keep me fueled and fit

EATING OUT
So I guess that makes you a cannibal?

Not a lot of choices out there,but if I have to eat bad...I try not to eat too bad.

Mexican-Grilled Chicken Fajitas (held myself back from eating chips)
Pizza-Cheese Pizza-already bad enough without toppings
Cracker Barrel-Grilled chicken, green beens, veggies
Texas Steak House-Grilled chicken, sweet potato, veggies (refrained from eating rolls)

Plus when you eat well almost all the time, you can slip up here and there and have a cheat meal or two.

STAYING ACTIVE


Wherever I am I try to stay active.
Here's some things I did in Arkansas.

Cliff diving, and climbing.
Swimming.
100 yard dashes at high school track.
Judo matches against friends (not suggested, couldn't move my neck for 3 days)
Chores for my grandparents-Weed eating, mowing ditch, pruning trees, wash dogs.
Working out in backyard.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Eat well, prepare ahead of time, and stay active and you'll easily maintain all that you've worked hard for.

THIS BLOGS TIP OF THE DAY
If you have a hard time staying away from snacking, try chewing sugarless gum. Burn calories and have something to chew on.

NEXT BLOG
Next in our chapter of hidden trap foods.

2 comments:

  1. Judo matches to celebrate your 22nd birthday, huh? Fun!

    Didn't know Arkansas featured cliff-diving in their vacation packages now. Tourism there must be at an all-time high!

    Good tips as always, Farmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me you want to visit Arkansas now.

    ReplyDelete